- Today is the Electoral College Vote. Whatever happens, the Republic gets a black eye. Either we reaffirm that the public is gullible and the founding fathers were somewhat right when they believed that the people are stupid, or we get someone else from the college and the rules are rewritten in how to win the Presidency. Both outcomes suck.
- The national GOP needs to watch what happens in North Carolina. I have a feeling that the blatant political bias that the GOP did there in restricting power for the incoming Dem governor and providing a cushy gov’t job for the outgoing GOP governor’s wife will hurt them in the near future. I believe that the GOP of North Carolina will get hit hard by the courts.
- A tip to Democrats that are whining that the FBI and Russia got Donald Trump elected. Could be. But maybe you should look at your candidate who decided that she didn’t need to make her voters feel wanted in Wisconsin and Michigan. Maybe instead of worrying about turning Arizona into a battleground state, you should have made the voters in your “Blue Wall” states feel like they play a big part in your plans when you become president and not take them for granted.
- In North Dakota, they get a governor who ran as a person who would change the government and eliminate the career politician. Can you imagine what happened? Yep, like Donald Trump, the newly elected governor kept the people that were already there. Nothing like saying that you will change the political climate from what your party that controls the political climate has been doing and then doing nothing. Talk about hubris. And when will the people start to realize the shell game that a political party that has all the power has been playing against them?
- Finally, how can you take seriously a man who in a month’s time will be leader of the free world and has to trust what the intelligence agencies of the United States tells him but at the current time argues that those same intelligence agencies are wrong when they say that Russia intervened in the United States election? I would listen to the argument against it, but all I get is an upright Cheeto that blusters about how everything that he has done and will do is going to be great. President-elect Trump, either provide evidence or shut the hell up.